Please see below for important information pertaining to COVID-19 and travel.
**Please note: Please check COVID guidelines for any country that you will transit through during a connecting flight, as many restrictions will still apply even in transit.
Up-to-date requirements for US travelers can be found on the embassy website here.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes, from December 29, 2022 to January 31, 2023, all travelers arriving or transiting in Italy from China must:
- Have a negative COVID test prior to their departure (a molecular test within 72 hours prior to arriving in Italy or an antigen test within 48 hours prior to arriving in Italy)
- Undergo an additional COVID test administered by Italian airport authorities upon arriving in ItalyThis requirement does not apply to children under the age of 6, crew members, or diplomats.