Please register no later than 5:00 pm EST on Friday, February 25th, 2022.
The MIT Executive Degree Programs’ Alumni UAE Trek will take place from March 16-20, 2022. The Alumni UAE Trek will allow Alumni to gain firsthand knowledge of the economic ecosystems, business practices, and market dynamics of the UAE.
- 5 Days, 4 nights
Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Dates: 03/16/2022 – 03/20/2022
Dubai: JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
Abu Dhabi: Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Important Trip Information
Please see below for important trip information and registration support.
- Dubai Hotel Address: Sheikh Zayed Rd – Business Bay – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi Hotel Address: Al Maryah Island – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
When registering, please create an account so you can log back in to change any information, if needed.
Please select quantity “1” for the MIT Alumni UAE Trek package during registration. All other packages are optional depending on your travel plans.
Please note, MIT is covering hotel nights checking in on March 16th and checking out on March 20th. If you would like to include any pre or post nights at the hotel outside of these dates, please select the total number of nights you would like to include during the check-out process. There will be a follow up question in the registration form that will ask you the dates you would like the extra room nights.
COVID 19 Information
Please see below for important information pertaining to COVID 19 and travel.
**Please note: Please check COVID guidelines for any country that you will transit through during a connecting flight, as many restrictions will still apply even in transit.
Up-to-date requirements for US travelers can be found on the embassy website here.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes.
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi governments are issuing tourist visas. U.S. citizens may receive a tourist visa on arrival, typically valid for 30 days. Please consult the UAE Embassy in the United States for additional information.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes.
- All travelers from the US to the UAE must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result within a maximum of 72 hours prior to their flight departure. Passengers arriving by air in Abu Dhabi must have a negative test result within a maximum of 48 hours prior to departure. Travelers should check with the airline for the latest information on COVID testing. Post-arrival COVID testing is also required and regulations vary depending on vaccination status and the country from which one arrives; the latest information is available from official sources .
- Children under the age of 12 and those with severe and moderate disabilities may be exempted from the test requirement. Travelers should consult the airline regarding testing and travel requirements.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- For information on visa extensions, please visit official government sources for tourist visas and residence visas .
- As the situation is rapidly changing, please visit official sources for the latest information. Further information on steps to take before travel can be found on the websites of the Government of Dubai and Government of Abu Dhabi . In addition, consult with your airline or the UAE’s national airlines, Etihad and Emirates , for the latest requirements before boarding your flight. For information on restrictions in Abu Dhabi, see the Department of Tourism and Culture website .
- ICA registration is mandatory for travel to Abu Dhabi unless you are a UAE national. Please visit the UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship and the Etihad websites for additional information.
- The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in coordination with the UAE National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA), announced a travel ban starting on January 10, 2022, for Emirati citizens not vaccinated against COVID-19. Dual nationals traveling to and from the UAE on their UAE passport should take this into consideration when making travel plans. More information is available here .