Global Business Experience Trips give graduate students the opportunity to explore the economic, political, and cultural contexts of business in regions around the world. Through cultural tours and interactions with executives who are doing business in these destinations, students develop essential business skills required for success in a global economy.
Please see below for important trip information and registration support.
Please see below for important information pertaining to country specific entry and exit requirements.
Up-to-date requirements for US travelers can be found here.
Entry and Exit Requirements
Visit the Embassy of Ghana website for the most current visa information.
Entry Requirements for Ghana
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport (with 6 months validity) or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- All travelers above 9 months old coming into or transiting through Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Malaria/Yellow Fever at least 10 days from the proposed date of departure and where already vaccinated, provide evidence/ proof (certificate) indicating the duration of a vaccination status of not more than 10 years before entering Ghana.
Conditions for the Issue of Visa
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organisations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry. First time visitors are not eligible to 1 year entry visa and above.
- Visitors may be required to provide a return or a through ticket to a country which they have the right of admission or may be required to show evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of their stay in the country.
THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES OF PERSONS ARE EXEMPT FROM ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS TO GHANA:
- Citizens from the below-listed ECOWAS Member States by virtue of The Protocol on Free Movement of Persons, the Right of Residence and Establishment (PROTOCOL A /PL/5/79): Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo Mauritius, Republic of Seychelles, Republic of South Africa, Kenya Lesotho, Namibia, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Jamaica, Singapore, Rwanda, St. Vincent and Grenadines, The Co-Operative Rep. of Guyana, Barbados
- Holders of Diplomatic Service or Official Passports of the Countries Listed Below: Brazil, Cuba, Germany, *Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China, Iran, Namibia, Egypt (**NB: Exemptions category B above shall be for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days from date of entry.)
- All nationals of the following countries: Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Singapore, South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zimbabwe