POSITION: Director of Curricular Development
REPORTS TO: Senior Management Team
STATUS: Full Time, W2
Embark on a journey of educational excellence with Bschool Travel, a distinguished educational travel company dedicated to providing students with immersive and transformative learning experiences. We specialize in creating opportunities that bridge the gap between classroom knowledge and real-world application. We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Experiential Learning Specialist to curate and oversee company visits, speaker engagements, and student consulting projects.
As the Director of Curriculum Development, you will be at the forefront of shaping the practical and hands-on learning experiences for students participating in Bschool Travel programs. You will collaborate closely with educators and industry stakeholders to source, design, and execute impactful company visits, engaging speaker engagements, and challenging student consulting projects. You will be responsible for identifying, engaging, and collaborating with companies, organizations, and professionals across various sectors to develop meaningful partnerships that align with academic goals and provide students with real-world insights and experiences.
- Analysis of all Bschool Travel’s market portfolio to determine trending destinations and curricular themes aligned with each city/country.
- Understand scale and bandwidth limitations within the organization to provide recommendations on team growth and hiring requirements within the Curriculum Development team.
- Design and develop Standard Operating Process for Curriculum Development team and train future team members.
Business Development & External Relations
- Develop and manage a portfolio of corporate, entrepreneurial and non-profit partnerships to provide over 100 experiential learning company engagements each year– both domestic and international – which will require several hundred conversations on a yearly basis to generate interest, qualify potential partners, and lead them through the planning process.
- Daily contact with speakers and companies to gauge willingness to host students.
- Manage CRM to drive lead generation initiatives and build our Global Partner Network
- Provide ongoing support and communication with current company partners in collaboration with other key stakeholders
- Assume responsibility and provide support for the cultivation for new curricular initiatives within Bschool Travel that may exist outside of their current strategy.
- Ensure targeted sourcing goals are reached and maintained.
- Lead other team members, when appropriate, on efforts to support project sourcing.
Ongoing Project Management and Support
- Serve as a project lead. This project management responsibility serves as the main coordinator of project-related logistics between the company, faculty, and student teams.
- Collaborate and troubleshoot issues related to company visits and consulting projects
- Conduct periodic check-ins with key partners to ensure success for all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Account Managers to effectively build out program needs and align with faculty/university initiatives during the proposal phase as well as during program development.
- Bachelor’s degree (BBA preferred) and 5 years (preferred) of experience in higher education administration, marketing, sales, fundraising, or other comparable fields or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess the analytical ability to assess the environment and the competition, anticipate future business needs, and develop creative ideas towards curriculum development.
- Advanced program development, marketing, strategic planning, organizational development, and analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively network and build relationships with various diverse internal and external constituencies is essential.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative
- Team-oriented, flexible, with an excellent customer-service mindset
- Superb communication, diplomacy, discretion and presentation skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a high-stress fast-paced environment
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Willing and able to travel when required
- Proficiency in Google Workforce and CRM tools (Hubspot)
- Experience supervising and leading teams