Join Our Team
Bschool Travel’s culture is based on a passion and love for both education and travel. Our team’s mission is to provide more accessible opportunities for global student experiences. If you are entrepreneurial, hardworking, creative, and are interested in growing your career alongside some of the most driven people in the industry, we would love to meet you!
POSITION: Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Management Team
The Account Manager will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent group travel management. This position is an integral part of our team and will be responsible for managing, supporting and/or executing various group trips, from initial concept through execution and final reconciliation.
The ideal candidate for this role has excellent communication, networking skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships. This person should also have excellent knowledge of hotels and venues nationwide, having built relationships with venues and negotiated contracts.
- Responsible for leading and/or supporting the planning and execution of multiple groups
- Manage, prioritize and oversee group itineraries, from creative concept and development, through initial briefing, to reconciliation; including but not limited to budget management, destination selection, hotel/venue management, registration management, transportation, and activity planning
- Work with the team to ensure adherence to client standards and all deliverables are met
- Responsible for budgeting and reconciliation of each group
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers
- Negotiate and review supplier contracts and addendums for accuracy
- Maximize and monitor opportunities for increasing value adds, savings, and cost efficiencies
- Field questions and offer advice to clients to assist with creative problem solving
- Provide support for other team members as required
Vendor / Venue Sourcing and Contract Management
- Review venue/vendor contracts and client addendums for accuracy and negotiate where applicable
- Develop and submit RFP’s to preferred DMCs
- Consolidate information to fulfill client reporting requirements
Administration & General Responsibilities
- Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter
- Accurate adherence to company’s time tracking policies and systems
- Work on ad hoc requests as required
- Registration Management including building registration websites, maintaining updates and providing customer service, reporting as needed to client and team management and generating any participant emails or other communication, coordinating group registration.
- Rooming List Management including ensuring accurate lists are provided to hotel, airline, DMC, and insurance providers.
- Two+ year’s of travel industry experience (familiarity with both an agency environment and DMCs are required)
- Advanced project management skills, including budget creation, management and reconciliation
- Experience managing group travel and itinerary development
- Exceptional ability to establish relationships and maintain a positive rapport with clients, vendors and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced negotiating and contracting skills
- Knowledge of venues and activities in US destinations
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Strong team player who can support and be supported by others
- Demonstrates good analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to act effectively and quickly with little or ambiguous information.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Performs work in a detail-oriented and accurate manner with initiative and follow-through with limited supervision Ambitious and proactive
- Demonstrates good technical skills with the ability to learn basic website development utilizing platforms and other programs routinely used within Bschool Travel
- Willing and able to travel when required
- Good working knowledge of key international destinations including venues and suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of strong DMC providers in various destinations
- Actively managing and/or mentoring junior team members
Have questions about a career at Bschool Travel? Contact us here to send your inquires.